Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Future


I can see the future - we are all wearing silver reflective suits and wrap around tinted visors with inbuilt media receivers. Information pounds us like never ending tidal waves - how will we be able to function in this info-maxed-out future?

There's a rumour of a movement. A movement who's sole aim is train and prepare themselves to rise up at the appointed time, to tame the information tempest. They call their discipline Learning 2.0. They are ordering the chaos, the facts, the photos, the videos; they are recording our histories and broadcasting our opinions.

They are the Cybrarians of the Future.

Can we dare dream of such a hope? I will join these people to learn what I can - our future may depend on it.

4 comments:

Bambino Velostra said...

Yes! I dare to hope and you are so right: our future depends on it! What a great library blog your blog linked to - my library doesn't yet have a blog but I think it's looking good now. Will have to devote some time checking out the Manly blog. BTW, I love shiny suits but I draw the line at the silver bodypaint I think. I might start a cybrarians-of-the-future ready-to-wear fashion blog!

pls@slnsw said...

Hello Rich,
Wow. What a call to action!
Welcome to the Learning 2.0 program and the future...
Though, I'm not so sure the silver reflective suits are quite me!
Kathleen A

Unknown said...

I love this concept - i can just envision it now( and you may not be too far off...it has already begun...)

net_goody said...

I like the idea, but perhaps we need to rethink the colour, people may start to think we're robots if we're dressed head to toe in silver, maybe a green, rainbow or even hot pink - maybe the technology will be around to change it to suit your mood or decor, the choice is endless!!